Image Formats Settings Reverting

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
Ironclad17

Image Formats Settings Reverting

Post by Ironclad17 »

I recently updated my operating system to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809.17763.2183, and I've had issues with .png thumbnails not loading. I can open Media Preview Configuration, select .png under Image Formats, click apply, and the thumbnails will load for any currently open explorer windows. After closing Media Preview Configuration and opening a new explorer window, new .png thumbnails will not load even after clearing and filling the thumbnail cache. When I open Media Preview Configuration afterward .png will be deselected. I have repeatedly selected and applied .png support several times but it doesn't save. Old thumbnails remain, but new .png thumbnails are not being generated and will only be generated if I open Media Preview Configuration select .png, click apply, and then it will only generate thumbnails for any explorer windows that are currently open.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: Image Formats Settings Reverting

Post by BabelSoft »

There are 2 possibilities:
- you may not have the rights to write to the Windows registry. But as you can still see some effects after going to the config tool, it's quite unlikely.
- there's something overriding your thumbnail settings. Maybe an antivirus or another video thumbnailing app running in the background?
Ironclad17

Post by Ironclad17 »

I'm really at a loss here. if it was a permissions issue then it should affect all thumbnails and icons. Why would it be specific to .png?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Sorry, I don't have enough information to help you here. It would require me to personally go to your machine checking what's wrong. I don't really provide this kind of services... But I can imagine that the registry entries for png filetype on your machine should be a big mess :p
MyCreditDom

-

Post by MyCreditDom »

please use the backup plugin in the image.
after updating your stb with a new hdmu image you can save the backup back to your stb. reboot-done.

KR, chris.