New Development in 2015?

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
zonetrooperex

New Development in 2015?

Post by zonetrooperex »

I'd love to see a new stable version of this useful software soon in 2015 :D :shock: :lol:
theoneofgod

Re: New Development in 2015?

Post by theoneofgod »

Very stable for me :)
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

I may release another beta this month. But for sure, there will be a new stable release next month as I'll have a lot of free time :)
Stay tuned!
kocchi96x

Post by kocchi96x »

BabelSoft wrote:I may release another beta this month. But for sure, there will be a new stable release next month as I'll have a lot of free time :)
Stay tuned!
glad to hear, i keep coming back to forums to see if any new update :)
zonetrooperex

Post by zonetrooperex »

Nice to hear an update is on the way :D
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Sorry about this. I was really pumped up at the time I wrote the message... Well, it'll be ready when ready.
zonetrooperex

Post by zonetrooperex »

Any chance there'll be a new version early 2016?

Also this forum seems to be very unmoderated as fake/scam posts are appearing at the top :S
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Thanks for your commitment to Media Preview :)
As Icaros has become a decent application (by copying the software structure of Media Preview and most of its functions) and is still regularly updated, I thought that Media Preview may not be needed anymore. I may be wrong so I need some feedbacks to understand what makes people still want to use Media Preview. Don't hesitate to reply!
I still have a not released beta with some more potential bug fixes and a Japanese translation waiting. But I'm currently on another project, for which I should put a release webpage soon.

For the spams, I visit the forums every 2-3 days and delete and ban those spammers each time. But it seems like spamming is a lucrative business because there is a never ending flow of spammers coming back despite having banned half of the total range of IP addresses... I don't know how other forums successfully keep their sites clean...
zonetrooperex

Post by zonetrooperex »

The reasons I used Media Preview were:

* Support for Image Thumbnail Handling (*.jpg etc)
* Icaros seems to support much fewer video file types
* Media Preview produced higher quality thumbnails

I'll try out the latest version of Icaros as part of Shark007's codecs for a while.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Well, I was kind of joking about Icaros being a decent application. I mean, when the author has copied from another author without giving proper credits and then he censor in his forums any mentions made towards the application he's copied, for sure we got some really good sharks...

So I really can't advise the use of Icaros or even the shark007 codec pack. For a long time, this pack has been giving a specific version for each version of Windows while all the used codecs have always worked in every versions of Windows. Why doing this? The only reason I can find is that they wanted to show off and imply they know their stuff to people that don't understand anything to video codecs... or they actually really didn't know that they could do a single pack for every Windows. And that would be worse.

But, well, right now the only alternative to Media Preview is Icaros. So if there's something that doesn't work with Media Preview, you can only try with Icaros if it works better.