Need some instructions on Negatron - How to list only existing ROMs ?

Here's the place to discuss anything about Negatron or MAME in English.
Agent Smith

Re: Need some instructions on Negatron - How to list only existing ROMs ?

Post by Agent Smith »

I'll wait for your next version, then. When you give me the green light, I'll package it.

Thanks a lot, keep up the awesome work.

Best regards,
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

I've just released another beta, normally the last one before the official release.

This new beta tackles the main issue introduced with MAME v0.186+: some information aren't available to third-party front-ends anymore, mainly impacting the machine configuration possibilities for emulated computers and some emulated consoles. The solution I came up with is by developing a MAME derivative that I called NegaMAME, which gives a way for front-ends to gather the missing information. Negatron still works with official MAME, it just works better with NegaMAME :) although you may not see any difference if you only play arcade games.

Negatron v0.99 beta are there:
- Windows all-in-one: http://www.babelsoft.net/bin/Negatron-W ... .99beta.7z
- Linux: get the Win pack and delete the subfolders jre1.8.0_171 and vlc-3.0.3, which are obviously useless on Linux :)
- MacOS all-in-one: http://www.babelsoft.net/bin/Negatron-M ... .99beta.7z

The code for NegaMAME is available at https://github.com/xinyingho/NegaMAME and I already compiled the Windows and Linux binaries:
- Windows: http://www.babelsoft.net/bin/NegaMAME-Win64%200.198.7z
- Linux (compiled on Fedora 28): http://www.babelsoft.net/bin/NegaMAME-Lnx64%200.198.7z
Simply put the binary of NegaMAME in an already installed version of MAME and let Negatron point to the file negamame64 instead of mame64.
But I don't know if what I got from Fedora is compatible with all the flavours of Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, PCLinuxOS, etc.). Can you tell me if I should let packagers of each Linux distribution compile their own version?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Great news, Mr. Cyril!

Gonna get your sources and try to package them.

Just to clarify: Negatron will be the GUI, and NegaMame will do the part of Mame ??? Is that right ?

This next week I'm going to try to package it.

Best regards,
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Yes, Negatron is the GUI and NegaMAME replaces MAME.
In this beta, I still didn't implement moving the conf files to /home/user so don't package it yet! However, I've just developed it in my dev version here. So it'll be in the final version that I should release in a few days from now.

However, I need some people to update the translations to Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and Greek. I suppose you can take care of Braz. Port.? Do you know of anybody that can translate into Spanish or Greek?

You'll have to edit the files in Negatron\theme\language\ui_XXX.properties (Win) or Negatron.app\Contents\Java\theme\language\ui_XXX.properties (Mac), and translate the 17 lines containing those symbols: ###. Then send the updated ui_XXX.propertie file to me so that I can integrate it into the official packaged release.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Portuguese I can tackle. Greek... Well, Greek is kinda hard. Spanish, I can contact a friend who's native Spanish speaker, and see if he can do.

You can count on me, I'm very excited on helping, and, once again, your program is very good. There's another use for Negatron, that is to audit the working roms one has. Very useful.

This next week I'm gonna download the Negatron sources and take a look at the messages.

Best regards,
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Did you have the time you handle the translations, or you're really too busy and you won't be able to make them within 1 week?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

I'm working in the Portuguese translation, might have it finished by tomorrow or tuesday.
Ok ?

Regards,
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

That's fine :)
Remember, you just have to translate the 17 lines containing the character # in theme/language/ui_pt_BR.properties. Everything is obviously already in Portuguese.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

BabelSoft wrote:That's fine :)
Remember, you just have to translate the 17 lines containing the character # in theme/language/ui_pt_BR.properties. Everything is obviously already in Portuguese.
Ahh... Really ? I got the original ui.properties and I am translating everything...

Gonna work in the ui_pt_BR.properties file then.

Thanks 4 the heads up.

Regards,
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Ahhh sorry for the misunderstanding!
It was so obvious for me that I didn't bother explaining in more details earlier... It's the same for Spanish, there are only 17 lines to translate in ui_es_ES.properties, you only have to find the lines with the character #.