I like this UI very much, but is there a way to only show the installed roms?

Here's the place to discuss anything about Negatron or MAME in English.
bastons

I like this UI very much, but is there a way to only show the installed roms?

Post by bastons »

Title.
Thanks
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: I like this UI very much, but is there a way to only show the installed roms?

Post by BabelSoft »

When you see the main window, look above the machine list, next to the filter box, there is a "+" button. Click on it to get access to the advanced filter form, appearing on the right side of the main window. Then look for "ROM & CHD Status", uncheck "Missing" so that the machine list only displays emulated machines with all the required ROMs installed.

You can also uncheck "Bad" to filter out machines for which the installed ROMs haven't the expected checksums (using CRC, SH-21 or MD4 signatures). Be aware that some machines are markeed with undumped ROMs or ROMs with unkown checksums, those will also be filtered out when you uncheck "Bad".
bastons

Re: I like this UI very much, but is there a way to only show the installed roms?

Post by bastons »

thank you. somehow the installed roms doesnt show up at all when i check untick "missing". the files are in 7z and are merged. could it be that this is the problem, because they are merged?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

It shouldn't be a problem.
Is Negatron still checking ROM statuses? This is the case if you can still see the progress indicator (blue loop) at the bottom right corner of the main window. Let Negatron finish its check and everything should be fine. You can hover your mouse above the progress indicator to get more details on the advancement of the check process.
If you don't see this loop anymore and you still don't see what you expect, it's probably because the ROM paths are badly set. Edit it in the Global Configuration pane: click on the cogwheel icon and, in the 1st tab, look for "ROM and CHD". After editing, restart Negatron so that it'll relaunch the check process.
bastons

Post by bastons »

thx it works now. thank you so much.