Depreciated Bezel Elements (?)

Here's the place to discuss anything about Negatron or MAME in English.
BradYonder

Depreciated Bezel Elements (?)

Post by BradYonder »

Hello again,

Came across this problem when trying to play a game. It loaded the game I chose, but then went back to Negatron to display this:

2021-05-22 15_26_52-Window.png
2021-05-22 15_26_52-Window.png (45.04 KiB) Viewed 18095 times

Then when I exited the came, Negatron displayed this:

2021-05-22 15_26_16-Window.png
2021-05-22 15_26_16-Window.png (50.15 KiB) Viewed 18095 times

I'm not using any modified artwork, just whatever comes with the official EXTRAs pack (which is usually a version behind).

Any thoughts?
BradYonder

Re: Depreciated Bezel Elements (?)

Post by BradYonder »

Follow-up: It did not occur on a different game I played, so it must be the artwork for the game I chose.

Is there a way to have those messages not appear?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

I don't know what you mean by the official EXTRAs pack. There aren't any official packs :)
A few versions back, the MAME team changed the layout format of bezels. You can't currently disable those warnings as usually those kind of messages can hint at real errors. But I'll try to add some options to disable those layout warnings in the next version of Negatron.
BradYonder

Post by BradYonder »

Yes it's been nearly 9 months since I played with MAME (and Negatron by extension), but when I fired it up again I started getting the "depreciated art" errors on different games so I thought I would come back and re-visit this.

By "official Extras pack" I of course spoke incorrectly; I was meaning the EXTRAs pack that usually gets released about 2 weeks after MAME gets updated.

Any luck with getting an option to disable those warning messages?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Sorry, I was quite busy last year. Not enough time to spend it on hobby activities like Negatron. I hope to resume work on it soon.
BradYonder

Post by BradYonder »

Completely understandable, I've been rather busy myself. Hope you'll be able to get a break and get some well-needed rest!