msi silent install options

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
elechopier

msi silent install options

Post by elechopier »

First, thank you for that wonderfull software:)

I know that using following command line, "msiexec /package MediaPreviewSetup-32-1.2.5.264.msi /PASSIVE", I can install package silently.
But at the end of install process, MediaPreviewConf.exe is always launched.
How to avoid launch of MediaPreviewConf.exe at install?
How to run MediaPreviewConf.exe from command line without any GUI to select all file formats automatically?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: msi silent install options

Post by BabelSoft »

I actually never thought about silent installation.
So sadly, the installer has no option to disable the launch of MediaPreviewConf.exe.
Moreover, the config tool currently only support /Unregserver or /Unregister switches to unselect all file formats, i.e. the exact contrary of what you want.

This week, I've started a new job and I'll move to my brand new appartment this weekend, so current work in progress for MP is going slowly. But I'll definitively add options to enable a clean silent install for the next version. Bear with me in the meantime...
elechopier

Post by elechopier »

Thank you for your fast answer. Waiting impatiently next release...
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

I'm back on track with Media Preview as I was quite busy until now.
On the current dev version, I've disabled the automatic popup of the config tool when you launch msiexec with /passive, /qn (none UI mode) or /qb (basic mode), but it still gets displayed with /qr (reduced) or /qf (full UI, the default mode).

After adding more command line options to the config tool (nothing done yet) and audio file cover art support to Media Preview (basically working but still need to add related options in the config tool), I should release the next version, in 2 weeks from now I think.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Well, I'm really behind the initial schedule... But silent installation now works on the latest beta that you can find on the SWF thread.
As stated just above, simply launch it with msiexec /passive, /qn or /qb.
The config tool has 2 options, /Register to register MP with every supported formats and /Unregister to unregister MP from any formats.

I may land more options for the next final version. But, don't hesitate to give me suggestions in the meantime.
elechopier

Post by elechopier »

Thank you for that great job.
But, could you explain me how to put /register option to msiexec with /passive?
Also, if solution works well, we would like to integrate it in production with our products.
So, how it work in terms of licenses?
Is it possible to pay once for unlimited number of install ro is it per computer license?
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

The /register option is to be passed to MediaPreviewConf.exe, the conf utility normally in C:\Program Files\Media Preview.
For the licensing terms, can you send me a private email and give me more information about how you want to use it?
Messias Estumano

Post by Messias Estumano »

Good morning, first I want to congratulate him on the excellent work,
I can not make a silent installer with the / Register option.
It would be that way?
Media Preview.MSI / qn / register

or am I mistaken?

Thank you!

sorry my english