Individual Key-frame Configuration?

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
NLMarty

Individual Key-frame Configuration?

Post by NLMarty »

Hi everyone,

I just installed this marvellous feature. It does (almost) exactly what I want.
However,... I hoped to configure the key-frame (position seek) individually and not generally!
Now I see most times at my video files a preview that is irrelevant or I just not wanna see.
If that feature is available I couldn't find it.
It would be nice in the future to i.e. right Klick on a video file and find an option to elect the thumbnail that I wish to see.

Thanks in advance!
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: Individual Key-frame Configuration?

Post by BabelSoft »

It's currently not possible to easily handpick a particular frame for a particular video file, and it's certainly not possible to assign a specific key-frame and memorize it.
Media Preview is primarily a tool to automatically generate thumbnails when you have loads of media files. But I'm thinking of adding this kind of feature in the future as it's a request that is regularly reminded to me by different users.
Nevertheless, a workaround is to embed cover arts to video files, which are in formats allowing them as mp4 or mkv. Media Preview will pick up the cover art and convert it into a thumbnail.
NLMarty

Re: Individual Key-frame Configuration?

Post by NLMarty »

Hi Babelsoft,

I thought so! Must be quiet difficult to make it works like I want.
To embed cover arts to video files I use this solution for now!
I download from internet the front-cover in the highest resolution possible (although some 300x400 pixels might be enough). I put it in the folder of the movie and name it 'Folder.jpg'. So, even the folder is not opened, I can see the picture on the outside of the folder. Though all my Movies are all in different folders (each contains a 'Folder.jpg' of his own movie) but together in the main-folder 'Downloads' when I open this one I see all the covers on the outside of those folders. Quiet awesome!!!

Anyway,...Thx for your reply!
View Main-Folder Downloads.jpg
View Main-Folder Downloads.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 14726 times