Windows 8.1 and Media Pereview

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
<deleted user>

Windows 8.1 and Media Pereview

Post by <deleted user> »

Dear Developer,

First of all I must to say that I love your program really good job so thank you.
Second I have 4 problems:

1. I have the same problem as here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4096 I am using
Dernière version: 1.3.1.343
Date de publication: 5 février 2013

*and I have windows 8.1 64Bit and there is going to be any update soon ? Moreover I did not see any option to update in the WMP control center.

2. Some of my movies have white screen so I would like to change them to another picture or moment from the Movie can I do it and how ?

3. Is your product support windows 8.1 ?

4. CCleaer delete all my cache should I disable it (How ?) because ever time I go to my movies folder I need to reload picture from the beginning

P.S
I have strong computer SSD and Inter I Core 7 and GTX 660 TI

Thank
Last edited by <deleted user> on Mon May 04, 2020 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: Windows 8.1 and Media Pereview

Post by BabelSoft »

1. If you have the same problem (mkv thumbnails missing the video reel border), then to fix this, you should try the 2 solutions I already provided:
a - open Media Preview Configuration, go to the "File Formats" tab, ensure that mkv is selected else check it and click on Apply, go to the Advanced tab, click on the button "Fix Thumbnail Type Settings".
b- download the reg file of the other thread and follow the same procedure I already given in the other thread.

Yes, there will be an update soon. Version 1.4.0 should be released for the new year.

2. You can try to change the settings by opening Media Preview Configuration, in the Settings tab click on Customize, then change the options.
In your case if you get white thumbnails, it's maybe because "Max Retry Count" is too low, try to raise it to something like 100 or 150, then click on Apply.
To see if the change is effective, go to the "Testing and Cache" tab, ensure that it is in the "Cached vs Generated" mode, then drag'n drop your file with white thumbnail to update on the Target zone.
If you still get a white thumbnail, it's maybe because there are too much noise in the video sequences that Media Preview is trying to process. So try to change the Scaling Method to something like Gauss or even Bicubic spline, then click on Apply, and test again your change using the Target zone.
If you still get a white thumbnail, you can try to change "Position Seek" to another position like 50%.

Can you send me one of the video files that gets white thumbnails? I would test them and try to improve Media Preview engine and settings.

3. Yes, Windows 8 and 8.1 are both supported.

4. It's a known issue with Windows 8 and 8.1. The system cache gets cleared quite faster than in Windows 7 or older. It's because the system asks for huge "thumbnails" of 1024*1024 so the cache size is increasing really fast and the system decides to wipe out the cache quite often then. This issue is partly solved with Media Preview latest beta. But the next official release will be released soon.
<deleted user>

Post by <deleted user> »

BabelSoft wrote:1. If you have the same problem (mkv thumbnails missing the video reel border), then to fix this, you should try the 2 solutions I already provided:
a - open Media Preview Configuration, go to the "File Formats" tab, ensure that mkv is selected else check it and click on Apply, go to the Advanced tab, click on the button "Fix Thumbnail Type Settings".
b- download the reg file of the other thread and follow the same procedure I already given in the other thread.

Yes, there will be an update soon. Version 1.4.0 should be released for the new year.

2. You can try to change the settings by opening Media Preview Configuration, in the Settings tab click on Customize, then change the options.
In your case if you get white thumbnails, it's maybe because "Max Retry Count" is too low, try to raise it to something like 100 or 150, then click on Apply.
To see if the change is effective, go to the "Testing and Cache" tab, ensure that it is in the "Cached vs Generated" mode, then drag'n drop your file with white thumbnail to update on the Target zone.
If you still get a white thumbnail, it's maybe because there are too much noise in the video sequences that Media Preview is trying to process. So try to change the Scaling Method to something like Gauss or even Bicubic spline, then click on Apply, and test again your change using the Target zone.
If you still get a white thumbnail, you can try to change "Position Seek" to another position like 50%.

Can you send me one of the video files that gets white thumbnails? I would test them and try to improve Media Preview engine and settings.

3. Yes, Windows 8 and 8.1 are both supported.

4. It's a known issue with Windows 8 and 8.1. The system cache gets cleared quite faster than in Windows 7 or older. It's because the system asks for huge "thumbnails" of 1024*1024 so the cache size is increasing really fast and the system decides to wipe out the cache quite often then. This issue is partly solved with Media Preview latest beta. But the next official release will be released soon.
Really Thank for the quick answers.

umm here you can download Full Metal Alchemist with the white thumbnail.

Just download all of it and see if the thumbnail correct because I do not have my computer right now ( my computer broke and I will get it only more 2 weeks ) so please test it and see if there is no white thumbnails

Anyway I will wait to the new version I hope more 2 weeks when I will get my fix computer I will be able to download the new version

And again really thank you for great support and great software =D

Links for the Show Full Metal Alchemist:

[deleted]
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Thanks for the links. However, I've deleted them because they may point to illegal materials.
I'll check them anyway and see what I can do to avoid the white frame situation. I'll probably add a slower but more efficient Maniac quality level to the predefined configuration.