After Exit...

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
FlyingHorse

After Exit...

Post by FlyingHorse »

Hello all,

I would like to know if "Media Preview" continues to run in the background after exiting the configuration dialog? If this is not the case are there command-line switches to run as a scheduled task?

I've tried but cannot seem to find any information about this anywhere so I would appreciate help from anybody. Thanks. :D
Best regards,
FlyingHorse
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: After Exit...

Post by BabelSoft »

Media Preview is always running in the background.
Actually, this is the shell that calls Media Preview each time it needs a new thumbnail for a video file (or audio/image files as well if you're using the latest beta). So it only runs when needed, the background task being the shell itself.
FlyingHorse

Post by FlyingHorse »

Thank you for confirming this for me; now I don't feel so dumb :mrgreen:

I do have a few more questions. If I start "Media Preview Configuration" and force an update of the cache, can I exit the dialog and have the update continue; or will the update stop?

If the answer is that the updating will stop once the dialog is closed could I request that as an option you include the ability to exit "Media Preview" and have the update continue in the background? Thanks for the help.
Best regards,
FlyingHorse
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

If you close the conf tool, the forced update will indeed stop.
I don't really see the point of the ability to go on after closing the conf tool. You let it run on a side or you close it to stop it. Else how would you do if you want it to be stopped because you suddenly need the resources it's taking?