Problem with update and more...

Here's the place to discuss anything about Media Preview in English.
<deleted user>

Problem with update and more...

Post by <deleted user> »

Dear Developer,

First of all Thank a lot for continue the good work you do, but I must say you are very slow (you must get people to help you).
I got 3 problem with your program:

1. I can not find and update button on the software configuration tool (Media preview configuration) or even auto update option like every program in 2014 has.
2. I do not get why there is category for image in the media preview configuration tool I tried to use it but nothing happened.
3. it is kind of request I would like to see gift animated file when I open then with Picasa viewer or window viewer.

Thank,
Last edited by <deleted user> on Mon May 04, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Re: Problem with update and more...

Post by BabelSoft »

I know I'm slow at releasing new versions. It's because, after releasing v1.2 of Media Preview, I got a full time job. Donations and licenses aren't enough for a living so I'm now working on Media Preview during my free time, working on it basically for free.

1. Auto-update is missing by design. The idea was for people to come check for new updates on the official website and click on the ad banners for me to get some income fees. But there are 2 flaws to this strategy:
- people don't ever go to the official site but usually go to portal websites.
- I don't often release updates.
2. Well, the image format currently added are also natively supported by Windows. It's just that Media Preview handles better transparency by showing real transparency on Vista+. By default, Windows displays transparency for tga files as grey and for bmp files as black. I did it because I needed this feature and because Media Preview is faster when there are a lot of files. Yeah, I still maintain Media Preview because it's also useful for me :)
3. Sorry, I cannot change the way Picasa and Windows Viewer display .gif files. You should ask Google and Microsoft for fixes to their respective applications. I don't know how to contact them for this kind of issues...
Tetragrifs

View the latest post

Post by Tetragrifs »

we cannot get the default screen settings to save successfully. It seems that geogebra post 4.2 never resizes the window upon opening, but 4.2 does.

Seems like a bug to me.
theoneofgod

Post by theoneofgod »

What an awful thread. BabelSoft, not sure why you bothered replying to it.
BabelSoft
Site Admin

Post by BabelSoft »

Yeah it's becoming quite a useless thread...